Has the world really changed?Published: 2020-06-02 09:00
It’s times like these you learn to live againFoo Fighters – Times Like These
It’s times like these you give and give again
It’s times like these you learn to love again
It’s times like these, time and time again
These guys beyond a heap of music instruments nailed the perfect message for this period some years in advance.
Has the world really changed in the last couple of months? Or have we changed? Or maybe none.
Every catastrophe carries negative aspects mixed with gloomy sensations, but also a revolution. For sure I wouldn´t have expected to experience a pandemic in my life on this Earth, but here it is.
Each one of us faces at least a couple of large-scale events along their existence. Just think about the distinctive 20th Century ingredients blended into its figurative mixer: a global geopolitical transformation, a couple of world wars, social turmoil, economic upheavals, disruptive technological inventions. Our parents and grandparents have a lot to share!
So why being stuck on the bad side of this whole matter?
Stumbling, falling, maybe laying down for a while: this is human. But finding the way to stand up again with a new strength is human at its full potential.
Some perks that came along with this extraordinary situation to ponder on?
- it´s been a push towards digitalization especially for some countries
- we´ve soaked up some new skills and worked around issues by learning a new way to do things from scratch
- how much time have you managed to finally spend with your family? beyond small things that you had forgotten about, like the emotion of hugging your nears and dears after some time
- generally speaking quality has been gaining ground over quantity
- the flavor of time has completely changed – by ticking slowly it has given us the possibility to taste every second and use it with a different overture
- hasn´t the world and nature assumed brighter colors? less smog, more natural beauties that shine to our thirsty eyes
- finally those forgotten hobbies have been taken out from the drawer and we have found ourselves skilled in something unexpected
- for once the world felt united against a common curse, generating cues for collaboration and solidarity
When it comes to being united, Essity´s way of facing Covid-19 has been remarkable once more: so many teams have rolled up their sleeves across the world and adapted their standards to exceptional times by cooperating and reacting with swiftness.
Global coworkers and line management have expressed their acknowledgment and gratefulness to all the employees that have been requested an extra effort and carried out their work with care and strength. It´s simply amazing seeing what humans can do, together.
I recommend to read about our concrete actions and hard work here.
It´s time to say Thank You!
So has the world changed or have we simply reconsidered our approach to it? Did we really need this to push ourselves beyond some limits to enjoy life essentials and simplicity?
Life is a cycle and works like a tide with its waves, but I believe all of us have learned something new – about themselves, about others, about our planet.
A situation that seemed to be an underdog could reveal so many opportunities for our personal and professional growth.
Every curse could be a blessing. What blessing do we want to learn from this?