Looking back, over our shouldersPublished: 2020-12-25 09:30
Humming a song from Mike + The Mechanics to myself has been a good inspiration for briefly checking what´s been going on this year.
2020… what a year!
Several things happened.
Many of them were unforecastable, even inconceivable, and influenced everybody´s behaviour on a daily basis.
This was reflected by a high workload for many of us, especially for those who helped reshape our work environment with the goal of making it safe. Or also those who worked closely to hospitals and health care, or who had to ensure the delivery of supplies in a more-than-timely manner; and also who had to adjust their tasks´nature to the unforecasted news, to ease a “new normality” forging. All of this while maintaining a positive attitude and not giving up.
A good reminder is that not all the bad comes to harm you – I am still one of those who looks at the bright side of things.
Pushing ourselves to the limit shows us how capable and incredible human beings can be! So how did we at Essity do this past year?
Just to mention some of our achievements:
- Essity has been recognized for its commitment and efforts in sustainability by CDP – a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for numerous entities, including companies, to measure and manage their environmental impact
- Our Technology, R&D, Product Development and Product Safety teams have been protagonist of an extraordinary project: the launch of Essity´s first facial masks
- Several thousand school-aged youths have been helped out by Essity´s Hygiene is our right program that targets children, adolescents, parents and institutions to be better aware and practice good menstrual and hand hygiene
- The successful acquisition of ABIGO Medical AB
and Novioscan to help our technologies become even more competitive by supporting innovation in our field
- As part of the Essity Ventures program – that aims at finding partners to revolutionize the health and hygiene industry – kicking off a partnership with the startup Endometrix to improve the care of endometriosis
- Amazing campaigns have been created by my talented colleagues and recognized globally:
Viva La Vulva and Womb Stories are amongst the most popular (if you haven´t checked them out yet, don´t waste one more second!)
- Our annual week dedicated to employees´wellbeing and safety at work has been strenghtened by an enriched and completely virtual program. In this way our Global Health & Safety Week has become a fruitful event for everyone in the company
None of the above would have been possible without any of our phenomenal employees!
Again THANK YOU to our colleagues!
YOU can make the difference